Monday, June 9, 2014

Share Your Shelves

Here's today's Sweet Summer Read-A-Thon challenge! This one's called "Share Your Shelves" and is hosted by Jessica Bradley from Book Reviews from a Christian Gal. I thought this sounded like fun because now you all get to see what I did last week by re-arranging all my shelves!!


This is where most of my books are, the pillow is where I like to sit to read or do research since it's bigger than my desk (yay fuzzy lamb slippers! ;) And the basket is for books that go back to the library or are waiting to be shelved. And then the pile are my library reads.


The shelf on the right is mostly for smaller hardbacks and larger paperbacks. The bottom shelf is completely double stacked and the others aren't quite so much anymore. The glass case holds classics, and my grandmothers collection of poetry and history, and now all my collection of Trixie Beldan books are up there along with some other paperback series.


This side of the glass case has my big books on the bottom, some of my larger hardbacks, and a collection of classic writings and a complete set of Poe's works. The top is for large reference books and histories. The smaller shelf is for my trade paperbacks. Mostly Westerns, Mysteries and Fantasy (the genre fiction that doesn't come in hardback)


This is my high shelf that goes above my desk and bed. It's all exclusively historical fiction categorized by time period. (And yes, that is a map of Middle Earth on my wall). I also have a shelf by my desk with all my writing and favorite reference books. 


If you want to do this blog post, let me know and share the link!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, wow--I love your shelves! So awesome. (I'm a little jealous.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha glad you like them ;) They were not so awesome a few weeks ago :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are some really amazing shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. . . . . I totally forgot about this read-a-thon challenge. . . .*embarrassed face* Love that top shelf running along the wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, I didn't even finish my number of pages yesterday :P I was just too busy with other things.

      Delete
  5. Lovely shelves! It's such a warm and cozy room, I can just imagine getting all kinds of reading done in there. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very fond of it, even if it is a little small on occasion (as long as I keep it tidy it's okay ;) It is a great place to read and write in, especially in the winter.

      Delete