Monday, June 9, 2014

Sweet Summer Read-A-Thon Challenges

My last post about about the Sweet Summer Read-A-Thon hosted by Hannah at The Book Tower. This is the post where I keep track of my daily reading so you can all see how I'm doing on my challenge. I'll also be posting the individual links to other blog challenges I'll be doing in correlation with the Read-A-Thon as some of the other bloggers will be hosting additional challenges as well!


Monday 9th

Pages read:

66 pages of This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel

Extra Credit:

Share Your Selves Hosted by Book Reviews from a Christian Gal

http://hazelwest.blogspot.com/2014/06/share-your-shelves.html

Notes: I didn't get much reading time today, due to other projects that needed finishing, but I'm going to up my page number tomorrow!

Tuesday 10th

Pages read:

232 pages of This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel

Extra Credit:

Rainbow Spines Hosted by The Rainbow Bookshelf

http://hazelwest.blogspot.com/2014/06/rainbow-spines.html

Notes: I read twice as many pages today to make up for the lack of reading on Monday and ended up finishing This Dark Endeavor which I enjoyed a lot, even if it made me cry. Kenneth Oppel's books are always amazing.


Wednesday 11th

Pages read:

32 pages of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin
104 pages of Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Total: 136

Extra Credit:

Spell It Out hosted by The Book Tower

http://hazelwest.blogspot.com/2014/06/spell-it-out-challenge.html

Notes: Working my way through Sense and Sensibility as my classic read for the challenge and started Cinder as well. Been wanting to read that one for a while and I've been enjoying it so far!


Thursday 12th

Pages read:

36 pages of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin
143 pages of Cinder by Marrissa Meyer

Total: 179

Extra Credit:

Summer Reads Challenge hosted by Books and Bottles

http://hazelwest.blogspot.com/2014/06/summer-reads-challenge.html

Notes: Almost made it to 200 pages today :-) Still enjoying my reads, hoping to finish Cinder tomorrow!

Friday 13th

Pages read:

46 pages of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin
140 pages of Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Total: 186

Extra Credit: ~

Notes: I missed the blog post challenge for today so I didn't do it. I did finish Cinder though, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Trying to decide on my next read now.

Saturday 14th

Pages read:

44 pages of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin
89 pages of The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud

Total: 133

Extra Credit:

Something Old, Something New hosted by Beth At the Coffee House

Notes: Started the first Lockwood & Co. book by Jonathan Stroud, this is the first of his books I have read, and I'm liking it a lot so far. Hoping to finish Sense and Sensibility tomorrow to complete my classic read of the Read-A-Thon!

Sunday 15th

Pages read:

64 pages of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin
61 pages of The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud

Total: 125

Extra Credit:

Notes: Didn't get to read as much as I wanted to on the last day of the Read-A-Thon, but I did finish Sense and Sensibility as I had hoped to, so that made me happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment