Tuesday, June 11, 2013

2013 New Releases I Can't Wait For (seriously, I'm dying here)

Since I still don't have any inspiration for a real blog post, I thought I would share with readers all the books I'm looking forward to that are (hopefully) coming out throughout the rest of the year. Then you have to share what books you really are waiting for too so we can share the agony =)





Series Books that I really Need NOW!

The Dream Thieves (Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater (September 17th)

This is definitely the book I'm looking forward to most (at least the one that I KNOW is coming out this year) I loved Raven Boys and I just seriously adore the characters. I'm glad this in one of the first ones coming out this Fall because otherwise, I don't think I could wait any longer.









A Spark Unseen (The Dark Unwinding #2) by Sharon Cameron (September 24th)

Another series book I'm looking forward to. The Dark Unwinding was one of my favorite new releases of 2012, and after the cliff-hanger ending, I'm really excited to see where this one goes.














The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice #12) by John Flanagan (November 5th)

I've actually got some very mixed feelings on this one, not all of them good, but I promised myself I wouldn't form any opinions before I read it. As a long-time fan, I'm definitely going to buy and read it anyway.




Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms #2) by Morgan Rhodes (December 3rd)

I'm really looking forward to this one too. Falling Kingdoms was a really good start to the series, and this is one of those series that I really should have waited to read until they are all out... but I never do that. Great characters and story line. On another note, is this not an absolutely gorgeous cover?













New Series/ Authors Releases


The Lost Sun (United States of Asgard #1) by Tessa Gratton (June 25th)

I haven't read any of Tessa Gratton's novels, though I really enjoyed all her stories in The Curiosities and love her writing style. And, come on, how can you pass up modern day vikings??? So I'm really excited to see what this series is all about. I've just pre-ordered a copy from the library, and I'm so glad it's coming out at the end of the month =)









Books that I really want but don't have the publication date for yet (curses) 


Thieves' Quarry (Knight and Rogue #4) by Hilari Bell

If I knew when this was coming out, it would be on my top NEED NOW list, BUT the stupid publishers are taking FOREVER to get this printed. I'm sorry, that's no excuse. I publish, edit, and print books usually every six months. It's not Hilari Bell's fault, she needs to get a new publisher because I'm in SERIOUS need of Michael and Fisk. They are in all truth, two of my favorite characters ever.


White Fangs (Secret Journeys of Jack London #3) by Christopher Golden and Tim Lebbon

This is another book that has taken way too long to come out. The last I heard about it was that they were writing it in 2011. The last book The Sea Wolves, came out last year, and The Wild the year before, so it should only be normal for the third one to come out this year. Besides, the last one was a cliff hanger, and this is one of the very few paranormal series I really love. But whatever, make me wait.



2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I am DYING for THE DREAM THIEVES, A SPARK UNSEEN, and REBEL SPRING to come out, too!!!! And THE ROYAL RANGER, naturally, though like you I, too, have mixed feelings about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping it will be better than I expect it to be. I don't want to be too cynical because then it might just be as bad as I fear :P

      I'm sad we have to wait until December for "Rebel Spring" but oh well, at least there's other awesome books before that =)

      Delete