Thursday, June 26, 2014

New Release: Wolfsblood

It's been a while since I've actually published a new title. Not since about this time last summer when I published my first Anthony Maxwell mystery. I've been writing a lot since then, but the book I had planned on publishing this last winter, was giving me major issues and still kind of is, so I decided to set it aside and focus more on Wolfsblood which is complete and just sitting around waiting for me to do something with it.

It's going to be a soft release, mainly to be a fun read for the summer. I'm going to release it officially this Saturday and I'll have an excerpt and stuff on the blog. I'll also be doing a giveaway on Goodreads, for two copies, which I will post about when I get that set up too. Until then, this is a little of what the book is about. If you've been following my blog, you'll know that this was my NaNo story last year to much success and I've also got it on Goodreads now for you to add to your shelves! You can find it here

Synopsis:

Alexandrus has been hoping for his promotion to centurion for a while, not only for his own personal gain, but to make his father, a wounded veteran, proud. However, promotion does not come in the way he expects.

He finds himself posted to a frontier fort on the Northern Border, commanding a cohort of Celtic auxiliaries. Chosen for this particular job because his grandmother was British and he speaks the language, he sets off for his new posting, leaving behind a disappointed father and the relatively comfortable life he has known in the south.

When he reaches the fort, he finds it the most horribly run place he has ever seen. Men are sleeping on duty, no one seems to be motivated to do anything, and the decurion is "currently indisposed". He soon makes it his duty to join with the other centurions and whip the men into shape, but it proves difficult, for the fort is full of troublemakers, both well-meaning and otherwise. But the lack of discipline is not the only thing strange about the new posting. Where are the horses if it's supposed to me a cavalry cohort? Why do most of the men seem to have strange golden eyes, and why is it that most of them have bite scars? It can't be that they were all so unlucky while hunting for wolf skins, could it? Alex disregards an old story he hears about a Druid curse, but when it comes to the night of his own initiation, he begins to wonder whether there is truth to it after all.




Don't forget to join me Saturday for the release. I'm hoping to also have the giveaway up by then too. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks of this story. It's my first paranormal so I'm pretty excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment