Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Liebster Blog Award Nomination

I'm excited to announce that Character Purgatory has just been nominated for its first blog award, Thanks to Mara A. over at 667B Baker Street Thanks so much, Mara! Here are the rules for the Liebster Blog award:


1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.

2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the person you tag.

3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post.

4. Tell them you've tagged them.

5. No tag backs.


11 Facts about Hazel West

1. I've been a history buff since third grade
2. My dream is to run a writer's retreat in the mountains of North Carolina.
3. I LOVE coffee.
4. I prefer reading and writing stories about platonic brotherly love above romance
5. I've watched the Horatio Hornblower series more times than any other movies I own.
6. My first finished novel was an alternate version of the Jacobite Rebellion of 1745 where all the characters were animals.
7. I own a broadsword.
8. I own a large array of historical clothing. That I wear on a normal basis.
9. I love Irish and Scottish folk music.
10. I'm currently trying to perfect my own fighting style that involves two short sticks.
11. My absolute favorite color is green.


Questions asked by Mara@667bakerstreet.blogspot.com:


  1. If you could eat only one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Peach Pie.
  2. What time period would you like to live in?
    Victorian England or the Old West. I would like to visit other time periods, but not live in them :)
  3. What's your favorite genre to read?
    Historical Fiction. Preferably adventure or war novels.
  4. What is the worst book you've read this year?
    I haven't really read anything bad this year, but I started a couple I didn't really enjoy, one being "A Long Long Way" by Sebastian Berry. Nothing to rant about though.
  5. Which do you prefer: cats or dogs? Why?
    Dogs. Dogs are loyal and great friends.
  6. Could you live without chocolate if it were banned tomorrow?
    No, absolutely not.
  7. Who is your favorite YA author?
    I'd say Rosemary Sutcliff but I see her in a different calibre than simply YA, so I'll say it's between John Flanagan and Kenneth Oppel.
  8. Have you seen any good movies in theaters lately? What was it?
    The best movie I saw this year in theaters I think was "The Avengers" but "Brave" was pretty good too.
  9. What's your preferred writing tool?
    My laptop usually, when I write on paper, I love smooth, colored pens :)
  10. What's the biggest number of drafts you've had to write for one story?
    Maybe two. I usually edit as I go, so I rarely have to start from scratch with anything, though the sequel to Ballad of the Highwayman is getting a huge makeover.
  11. Your favorite flower?
    Scottish thistle.


    My Nominations for the Liebster Blog Award


    (I don't have 11, hope that's okay)



    My 11 Questions


    1. Coffee or tea?
    2. What's the best book you read this year and what's the worst?
    3. What's your favorite genre to read?
    4. What's your favorite snack food?
    5. Your favorite movie?
    6. What's your favorite candle scent, or what would you love to have a candle scent of?
    7. Your favorite vacation spot?
    8. Your favorite article of clothing?
    9. What's something you have always wanted to do?
    10. Your favorite band?
    11. What's a book you would recommend to anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment