Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cover Preliminary Picture for "On a Foreign Field" (Kind of)

So yes, I said I would post a preliminary picture of what my cover will look like for my up-coming novel On a Foreign Field and this is it. Kind of anyway. This is actually just one step up from the sketches I've played around with. I like to try things out with the paints before I actually get to the final cover art because I want to make sure the colors and the situation works. Doing this, I realized I'm going to need a lot more practice but this is the first draft, and likely all you will see before the final! :P Yes, I know I'm being sneaky again, but I hold the power here and I don't like showing too much of my art until I'm done. Soon, I hope to get some pictures of my characters up and another little preview excerpt. Thanks to those who read my preview already and left feedback. It means a lot! If you haven't, please do.

For now, here's a little bit of what the cover *might* look like when it's done!!


Slainte, Hazel

2 comments:

  1. From one artist to another, I love your style! You've got lots of ideas down and it looks like it can all tie in beautifully (love the flowers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lucy :) I typically do watercolor with colored pencil to add more texture; this practice was mostly for the colors because I was trying out a new set of paints.

    ReplyDelete