Thursday, January 26, 2012

Writer's Digest Reject a Hit

Looking through the recent issues of the Writer's Digest Magazine, I have been quite amused by the "Reject a Hit" articles. What they're about is people write in with a fake rejection letter than an editor or agent might send to a writer. Usually they are from either a classic or a well-known book. The last one (February 2012) was from Moby-Dick. I was planning to write in with one about Ivanhoe and I thought I would post something about it so that if any of my readers might like to do it too, you could have a go at sending your submissions in.

Here's what the magazine says about it:

"Let's step once again into the role of the unconvinced, perhaps even curmudgeonly or fool-hearted editor: What harsh rejection letters might authors of some of our favorite hit books have had to endure?


Call for submissions: If you'd like to be the one doing the rebuffing, channel the most clueless of editors by humorously rejecting a hit in 300 words or fewer. Then, submit your letter via e-mail to wdsubmissions@fwmedia.com with "Reject a Hit" in the subject line."

If any of you decide to do this, let me know! Because I would much like to read what you end up with =) I will be posting mine once I write it.

Slainte, Hazel

2 comments:

  1. Haha, this sounds like a great, funny idea! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the articles people write in. They're really great. =)

    ReplyDelete