Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Procrastinating Much?

Well, it turns out that I did just what I was trying to avoid again this year, which is procrastinate until the last week before getting all my stuff ready for the ABNA contest. It is a well known fact that I always do things on the last minute; in fact, I am probably the world's worst procrastinator. For all you writers out there, here is a list of symptoms of procrastination that if you are suffering from, you should stop doing what you're doing, and go and go what you're supposed to!

How to know when you are Procrastinating:

1. You do weird things like clean off your desk even though you never would on a normal day.

2. You sing the LONG versions of the ballads during your inspiring guitar playing time.

3. You think of lots of different scenes you can write for all the books you have forgotten as well as the ones you have been writing.

4. You write blog posts like this...

5. You get out of the house as much as possible so you don't have to look at the pile of things you need to do back home.

6. You read lots of books, telling yourself it's for "research".

7. You stay in bed longer and claim it's because of the cold weather, but you're really just lazy.

8. You linger over coffee and have a second cup, and a third...

9. You buy new books so you'll feel bad if you don't read them before you start on what you're supposed to be doing.

10. You read blog posts about procrastinating.

So, now I'm going to take my own advice and go and work on my book for the contest. It's next Monday which is also a fun day for me because it's the anniversary of my other blog, Bonnets and Broadswords, and the Scottish holiday, Burns Day!!! So stop by B&B next Monday because I will have a post beginning my third year of writing for that blog.

Slainte, and a death to procrastination!

Hazel

2 comments: