Sunday, January 8, 2012

Musings for the New Year

First of all I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I didn't take advantage of the time as I should have and I feel guilty about not writing anything, but I have now thought about some writing resolutions I want to accomplish this year.

First of all, I'm planning on entering Ballad of the Highwayman in Amazon.com's ABNA (Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award) this year. The deadline is on the 23rd so I'm going to be busy tuning it up grammatically so it will be as perfect as possible. I'll not give those stuffy reviewers any reason to snub my grammar at least!

Secondly, I have many writing ambitions to accomplish this year. My main goal is to complete two novels I have been working on for several years. Firstly, is my original Wallace novel. It is, in all rights already written, but going back through it, I decided I wanted to add more to it and try to make it as thorough as possible. I have learned a lot since I first wrote the book, and also decided to go back and add parts I hadn't before. I hope to have this book out before Wallace Day on Aug 23rd. My other novel is kind of a pet project for me and is about the fighter pilots in WWI. I would dearly love to finish both of these, but I am also still working on the sequel to Ballad of the Highwayman and also a new series I at least hope to put some teasers up for this year, even if I don't actually finish it. I'm very excited to share with you all my new stories and characters. It's going to be a busy year!

I'm also going to endeavor to sell more copies of my books. Market and such as that. I need to find my cutthroat sales person persona (yah right). However you look at it, this year is going to be quite exciting for me, and I hope to share my results with you all!

Slainte, Hazel

2 comments:

  1. Those are great resolutions for the new year! Good luck with Amazon's ABNA and selling more books! Also, I hope you get to finish the books that you are working on, I would love to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to finish them, haha ;)After I enter the contest, I'm going to apply myself to one after the other until I get the done. With my Wallace one a good month of dedicated work should get the first draft of the new revision done =D

    ReplyDelete