Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Interview with Kilroy Allen

Hello everyone! As my new book, Ballad of the Highwayman was just released, I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to get to know the leading man from it, Kilroy Allen, a little better. I have asked him to conduct an interview for you readers. I hope you all enjoy this! (Don't ask what happened to the stupid numbers. That's what happens when you try to copy and paste things xp)


  1. Describe where and how you wake up every day?
Well, I either wake up at the cabin with Jeff or I wake up in my apartment in the town. When I’m at the cabin, I wake up when Jeff makes breakfast but otherwise, I just have to make do. 
  1. What do you eat for breakfast?
Well, usually porridge when I’m at the cabin, but when I’m in town, I go to the Richards’ tavern and have bacon and eggs.
  1. Describe the clothes you wear most often.
Typical 1600s dress, and don’t forget the feathered hat. But then I wear my emerald coat and highwayman outfit. And again, don’t forget the feathered hat. Or the mask, that's very important. Thigh-high boots as well. Best for riding through the woods, they I usually turn them down when I'm in town.
  1. If you knew you’d be away from home for three months, what three people or things would you want to take with you?
For people, I’d take Sylvia, of course, can’t live without her. Jeff, to cook. And Roster probably. He’s good in trouble. As for things; my horse, my sword... and my feathered hat.
  1. What annoys you?
Stupidity, fools, and dandies. And sometimes Frenchmen, though I don't hold a continuous grudge against them.
  1. What makes you happy?
Being with Sylvia and enjoying the outdoors. Also, robbing is fun when you know the money is going to a good cause and you're robbing mean rich people.
  1. What’s your proudest moment?
My proudest moment will be when I find my father’s betrayer and put him to justice. Not before.
  1. Describe the most frightening or nerve-wracking thing you’ve ever seen, done, or thought about.
Well, probably seeing my father executed as a boy. In Hazel’s day, someone probably would have made me to go to that thing they call "therapy". But I was stronger than that.
  1. If you saw a dog get hit by a car, what would you do?
I would help it. But we don’t really have cars in my time period. Carriages though.
  1. If you saw someone stealing, what would you do?
Well, if they were stealing from the rich, then they would probably be a friend of mine so I would say “good going”. But if they were stealing from the poor, I would give them something to think about.
  1. What would you never, ever do?
I would never, ever betray a friend.
  1. Who can you talk to about anything and everything (share your secret, problems, etc.)? 
I do talk to Sylvia a lot, but yet, there are things I don’t want to tell her for fear she will do something foolish (not that she usually does, she's just too hasty with some things).  The person I always tell everything to is my good friend (and side-kick) Jeffcoat Mullins.

  1. What are your best qualities?
I hope my loyalty, courage and perseverance. Though I can't speak for people who know me.
  1. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
I would make it so that I wouldn’t fall into so many stupid traps.
  1. What do people think you are like?
A highwayman, a rogue--and some of them don’t mind that.
  1. Describe what you think your life will be like in five years.
I hope I will have found my father’s betrayer and perhaps even have a family?
  1. What do you think is going to happen in the story?
Judging from Hazel’s other books, I will probably either be captured by the baddie, or thrashed...or both. Has anyone been given waivers yet?
  1. What do you want to happen next in the story?
I Want to find my father’s betrayer and marry Sylvia. But I don’t think that’s going to happen yet...
  1. What do you like about the story? What do you dislike?
I like this story because it’s a fun adventure and we really are quite witty, right? It’s just fun to be a highwayman, especially such a respected one. I do not like the fact that Giles is trying to win my woman though. That makes me very angry!


So now that you know Kilroy Allen, and if you think he sounds like a nice kind of guy, go and read Ballad of the Highwayman! And then do my new Poll on the top right-hand side of the page and vote for your favorite Highwayman. The highwayman with the most votes will be featured with a colored picture on my blog (as will everyone eventually) Also don't forget to write into Pepys' advice column. He is always taking in letters! Just email all to sirwilliamssquire@gmail.com and put "Pepys' Advice Column" in the subject header. 

Slainte, Hazel

2 comments:

  1. So when can I expect an interview, hmm???

    ~Roster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait till the second book Roster! That's when you get your time in the spot light ;)

    ReplyDelete