Monday, September 5, 2011

Books of Note: Cherished Preserver

Well, first of all, I'm going to tell you that on this blog I will be posting little things about some of my favorite books, some of them, like this one, by authors I know! They will all be under the "Books of Note" category.

Today's Book of Note is Cherished Preserver by Lynnann Richards. It's a little bit of everything. Romance, adventure, mystery, historical and has plain good humor in it. Her books, like mine are written in the style of the old fashioned adventure/romance novel that is sad going out of style (see my last post).

Anyway, in this book, the heroine is Sarah Scott, a young woman who's trying to make her way into the geology profession at a time it was hard for women to make there way anywhere (1910). Sarah, however is not trying to prove anything, she's not one of those sufferable suffragettes, she's just a daughter of two geologists who wants to follow in her parent's footsteps. So her professor, Joseph Ross (there goes another Scottish name) lets her help him keep the students in line when they go to Egypt for the excavation season.

Little does Sarah know, that there is a man from her parents past out for revenge, the one-eyed German! Not to mention his disgustingly evil lackey. Sarah has to evade all the assassination attempts all the while getting saved by her "dark defender" we-don't-know-who. OOH!

This is one really good book, and anyone who liked Indiana Jones and such-like would really enjoy this story. My favorite part: Howard Carter. Because how can you not love Howard Carter? And yes, he is in this book, so between him and all the stuff that happens, this is a really incredible book.

If you wish to read more about Cherished Preserver or get a copy for yourself, go visit www.createspace.com/3467694

You can also visit her blog over at Character Chat.

I'll be back soon with more on Ballad of the Highwayman or something. Whatever I can get those lazy characters to write.

Slainte, Hazel

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a great book! It does seem to have a little bit of everything just from your description! I'm going to have to go check out that website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, It's very goof. You will like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, look, we have a new commenter! Is that Jenn who makes the cakes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is, maybe if you're nice to her she will make you one. Hazel, why did you say it was "goof"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. All right, I can't type, I know. I meant "good"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Hazel, thanks for the great book ad. It always makes my day when someone has enjoyed a story I've written.

    ReplyDelete