Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Belated Birthday

All right, everyone, this was supposed to be posted Friday the 16th, but I was unable to do so then, so it's going to have to be posted today instead. Here is a very happy, yet belated, birthday to one of my favorite historical heroes: Jack Churchill.

If you don't know him, you should. He was a hero of WWII and was known for playing the bagpipe, and going into battle with a claymore and a bow and arrows. He was also captured and held in a concentration camp, escaped and walked all the way back to where the Allies were only to find, much to his disappointment, that the war was practically over.

Read this really good article about Jack Churchill, you'll be just as amazed as I was when I first read it: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/purbrookbowmen/team_history_jack.htm

Everyone give Jack a very happy birthday and I shall be back with more posts soon!

Slainte, Hazel

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible guy!! It just goes to show that if a person keeps their childlike view of life, that " I can do anything I try" motto, then he can really do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, He was truly one of the most amazing people I have ever read about.

    ReplyDelete